Zucchini chocolate cake
In this recipe, zucchinis are used as a binder instead of eggs whites, giving a cake both soft and very light texture, and has absolutely no taste of zucchini!
This recipe is vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free.[Su_table]
|• For 8-10 portions||• 15 min prep||• 45 minutes cooking time|
• For the cake:
– 1 large zucchini (330g)
– 150 g of applesauce
– 1 tablespoon neutral oil (canola, sunflower)
– 150 ml of water
– 3-4 tablespoons honey
– 260 g flour
– 40 g cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 80 g unsweetened cocoa
• For the chocolate sauce:
– 100g dark chocolate 85%
– 2 tablespoons water
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• For topping:
– An almond handle
– A handful of cranberries
– 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
• Peel and dice the zucchini. Place in a blender and smash it in a puree.
• Add water, applesauce, honey and oil. Mix well until obtain a homogeneous liquid paste without pieces.
• In a bowl, sift together the flour, the baking powder, cornstarch and cocoa.
• Add little by little the zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing well until a smooth paste.
• Prepare chocolate sauce: in a small bowl, break the chocolate into pieces, add water and cinnamon. Made melt in microwave 1 minute, mix well until obtain a smooth mixture (add more water if necessary).
• Lightly grease your cake tin. Put a first layer of cake dough, then alternate with half the chocolate sauce, ending the cake dough. Keep half the chocolate sauce to the outer glazing.
• Bake the cake in a preheated oven, 180 ° for 45 min. Cool the cake for 15 minutes at the end of cooking and gently unmold. Spread chocolate sauce on top of the cake with a spatula, sprinkle shredded coconut and decorate with cranberries and almonds.