It’s really easy and simple to prepare an homemade vegetable milk: almond milk, hazelnut milk, cashew milk or even oats milk! You just have to follow the same recipe: select a main ingredient, add spring water, mix, squeeze, filter and voila, voila!
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and oil-free.
|• For 1L||• 15 min preparation||• 6 hours of rest||• No Cook|
– 220 g almonds, cashew nuts, hazelnut or oats flakes
– 1 L of spring water
• The night before, soak the nuts or oats flakes in a large bowl filled with water. Let rehydrate overnight (or at least 6 hours).
• Drain the nuts / oat flakes (for almonds, remove the brown skin, pinching the almonds between your two fingers) and put them in a blender.
• Add 1 liter of new spring water, and mix a few minutes.
• Using a clean cloth or cheesecloth, strain the mixture, pressing well, so you get a vegetable milk!
• Decant the vegetable milk in a sterilized glass bottle (past 15 minutes in boiling water).
• This vegetable milk can be kept 2-3 days in the fridge and can be used in recipes with your muesli for breakfast or even drunk plain!
NB: Do not throw the nuts residue remaining in the cloth or cheesecloth: you can keep this powder 1-2 days in a jar and use it in other cooking recipes (smoothies, muffins, pancakes, replacing the traditional almonds meal for example!)