Hummus, is a typical dish from Far East made of chickpeas and tahini (sesame paste), it’s very easy and quick to prepare. I never have tahini so I make mine with sesame seeds!
The industrial hummus suffers from a poor image, it says caloric, high-fat … The best is to cook homemade hummus to better control its ingredients. Hummus is calorific but it’s very satisfying thanks to all the proteins it contains.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free
|• For 3-4 people||• 15 min prep||• No cooking time|
– 200 g canned chickpeas (unsalted)
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 tablespoon olive oil or sesame oil
– 1/2 lemon
– 1/2 soygurt
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin
– salt & pepper
– Some fresh cilandro leaves
• Drain the chickpeas (you can use the juice to prepare a vegan chocolate mousse or a vegan meringue!), rinse them and put them in a blender.
• Mix a few minutes until a creamy puree. Add the peeled and finely chopped garlic, olive or sesame oil, juice of half a lemon, half a soygurt, sesame seeds, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix everything together well, check seasoning (you can also add chilli tip).
• Before serving, add cilantro, sesame seeds or black olive pieces on topping, and enjoy with bread or vegetable sticks.