Vegan Chocolate Mousse
The secret of this vegan chocolate mousse: the use of chickpeas juice instead of egg whites!
Chickpea juice and white egg have the same composition (90% water, 10% proteins and albumin) which explains why chickpea juice can be mounted in snow, exactly like egg white. It has no smell, no taste, and it is white and firm, just like egg whites beaten stiff!
This recipe is vegan, sugar free, dairy free, gluten free and oil free.
|• For 8 people||• 15 min prep||• Must be prepared the day before|
– 200 g chickpea juice (unsalted)
– 180 g dark chocolate 75-85%
– 2 tablespoons of water or vegetable milk (almond, soy, rice, etc.)
• Break the chocolate into pieces, put them in a small bowl with water or vegetable milk, and put the bowl to heat 1 minute in the microwave. Mix well to obtain a creamy chocolate.
• Open a large chickpeas can (unsalted), drain chickpeas and keep the juice. You should get about 200 g. Put the juice in a bowl and beat with an electric beater on high speed until stiff. The chickpea juice will turn into airy and creamy white snow, tasteless and odorless!
• Use a flexible spatula, gently stir the chocolate and chickpea juice mounted snow.
• Pour into glasses and refrigerate overnight before serving.
NB: For a more gourmet version you can flavor your chocolate mousse with the juice of half an orange, a lime, a teaspoon of cinnamon, chocolate chips, pieces of berries, or sprinkle with coconut, etc.