This vegan brioche, contains no butter, no egg nor milk!! The recipe is adapted from Christophe Michalak’s recipe, but refined sugar was replaced by orange blossom essence and maple syrup, and Oil trio brings a more exotic taste!
This recipe is vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free.
|• For 6-8 people||• 10 min prep||• 1h30 + 45 min rest||• 25 minutes cooking|
• For the cake:
– 260 g vegetable milk (almond, soy, hazelnut, etc.)
– 1 packet of dry yeast
– 380 g flour
– 30 g of olive oil
– 20 g of sesame oil
– 20 g of canola oil
– 1 tablespoon orange blossom essence
– 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• For the icing:
– 1 tablespoon maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable milk
– cinnamon powder
• Take 40 seconds to cool the milk in the microwave.
• Dilute the yeast with some milk and rest.
• In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt and cinnamon. Add vegetable oils, orange blossom, maple syrup, milk and milk-yeast mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon, then use a bread processor to mix the dough until it comes off the edges.
• Cover with a clean cloth and let rest in a warm place for 1h30.
• Sift the work plan, divide the dough into three balls, shape of whisker pads and make a braid. Drop out on an oiled baking tray. Let the braided bun stand for 45 minutes.
• Preheat the oven on 180°C. Warm the milk and honey 20s in the microwaves, and then brush the braid with it, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 25 minutes until it is golden brown.
PS: You can also bake the cake in a mold and garnish it with sesame seeds, slivered almonds or large grains of sugar before baking in the oven!