Vegan Apple pie
The original apple pie is a quick and easy recipe to make, but it uses butter in the dough…
The vegan version proposed here uses a crispy dough obtained through nuts, then just add the fruit of your choice for the trim (apple, pear, peach, etc.)!
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
|• For 6-8 people||• 20 min prep||• 20 minutes cooking|
– 2 large apples
– 3-4 tablespoons of apple sauce (or jam)
– 100 g of almonds
– 50 g hazelnuts
– 70 g of oat flakes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1-2 tablespoons water
• Preheat the oven 180 °C.
• Peel and cut the apples into thin slices.
• Prepare the pastry: in a blender, blend the oat flakes, the almonds and hazelnuts. Add the water and olive oil and some cinnamon pinch. Mix well until the mixture forms a sticky ball.
• In a pie plate covered with parchment paper, place the ball of dough and flatten with your fingers to coat the entire surface, press out well.
• Then add some apple sauce to cover the pie and decorate with the apple slices. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and bake for 20 min.