Pancakes Tea & Poppy Seeds
What to do when there remains no wheat flour or semi-wholemeal or even oatmeal or almonds to grind to replace flour in pancakes!! Well just make closets funds and falling on the (forgotten) corn flour ! So today it’s pancakes, gluten free, made from corn and flavored with tea (of your choice) and poppy seed.
This recipe is dairy-free, refined sugar-free and gluten free.
|• For 15 pancakes||• 10 min prep||• 20 min cooking|
– 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 1 tea bag or 1 teaspoon of tea (lemon, earl gray, rose, etc.)
– 1 pinch of salt
– 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
– 1/2 packet of yeast
– 1 egg
– 1 cup vegetable milk (soy, almond, etc.)
– 1 soygurt
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• Sift together cornmeal, cornstarch, tea, salt, poppy seeds and yeast.
• In another bowl, beat egg, milk, yogurt, olive oil and vanilla together.
• Although whisk the contents of both bowls. Do not over work the dough, then rest for 5-10 min.
• Make heat a frying pan over low heat. When the pan is hot, drop spoonfuls of dough for pancakes. Wait until bubbles appear on the surface before gently turn the pancake.
NB: Enjoy these pancakes when they are warm (they are softy), with honey, jam or fresh fruit .