Raviolles dough is really easy to make, and can be done with rice flour to a more Asian recipe.
The raviolles can be served with or without stock, with a tomato sauce or sour cream based sauce, with cheese, etc.
The stuffing can also be easily replaced by another mixture (salmon & leek, zucchini & dried tomatoes, bacon, goat cheese & honey), or even a chocolate-clementine and cinnamon mixture for an amazing dessert (served without broth of stock!)…
This recipe is vegetarian, dairy free and refined sugar free.
|• For 4 people (38 raviolles)||• 45 min prep||• 18 minutes cooking (6 x 2 min)||• 1 hour rest|
• For the dough:
– 250 g of wheat flour
– 1 egg
– 100 ml of water
– a pinch of salt
• For the filling:
– 150 g of canned spinach
– 100 g dried tomatoes
– 1 onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– 2 tablespoons of chopped basil
– 10 cl of white wine
– 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
– salt & pepper
• For the stock:
– 250 ml of water
– 1 vegetable stock cube
+ 1 tablespoon of olive oil for cooking
• Prepare the raviolles dough: In a bowl, sift together the wheat flour and the salt. In a bowl, whisk together egg and water. Make a well in center of flour, pour the liquid and knead the dough with a whisk, then with your hands for 8-10 minutes until obtain a smooth ball of dough. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature (the dough will slightly swollen).
• Prepare the filling: In a skillet, fry the onion and garlic finely cut with a tablespoon of water and white wine. Add the coarsely chopped canned spinach, dried tomatoes diced, crushed pine nuts and basil. Sauté 5 minutes and set aside.
• Flour your work surface to prevent the dough from sticking, spread it thinly and cut out squares of 5 cm side. You need two squares of dough to make a raviolle. Put some filling in the center of a square of dough, moisten the edges with a little water, cover with another pastry square and press the edges with your fingertips or a fork so they stick together well.
• Cook raviolles by 8-10 in a boiling water added with a tablespoon of olive oil, 2 min each.
• Prepare the stock while raviolles are cooking: Boil 250 ml of water, and add a vegetable stock cube.
• Serve raviolles in a dish or a bowl, sprinkled with hot stock.