Pancakes & coconut whipped cream
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, sugar free and oil free.
|• For 12 pancakes (2 portions)||• 10 min prep||• 15 min cooking time|
• For pancakes:
– 100 g of buckwheat flour
– 70 g of shredded coconut
– 20 cl of coconut milk
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• For coconut whipped cream:
– 25 cl of coconut cream
– 1 tablespoon agave syrup
• The day before, put the coconut cream, the salad bowl which is going to serve you to take up the whipped cream and your whisk in the refrigerator (the cold helps to whisk the cream better).
• Sieve together the buckwheat flour, the shredded coconut and the baking powder.
• In an other bowl, well mix together the egg and the coconut milk. Incorporate this liquid preparation into the other mixture and mix it well to avoid lumps (but without working too much the dough).
• Over a low heat, grease very slightly a frying pan with a vegetable oil (by using a piece of paper towel) and put down a tablespoon of dough (the dough with buckwheat spreads out little). Let bronze the pancake until small bubbles burst on the surface. Turn the pancake which has to come loose easily, and let bronze the other side.
• To prepare the coconut whipped cream: in a cold bowl, whisk up the coconut cream to slow speed, and incorporate little by little the agave syrup. Finish by using the maximum speed of the whisk for the last 30 seconds to obtain beautiful volutes.
PS: for a beautiful whipped cream, it is necessary to use a very thick and rich in fat coconut cream, so avoid using a “light” coconut cream!.