The home-made nuts butter has the double advantage of being unique, you can change the recipe to your taste, and can also change its texture depending on the use you want to make, more or less creamy!
To succeed this butter, there are two secrets: having a good blender, and always roasting nuts in the oven a few minutes before using them!
The nut butter is vegan, but it remains high in calories, so it must be “enjoyed sparingly” 😀
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and oil-free.
|• For 250 g nut butter (a jam jar)||• 20 min of preparation||• 5 minutes cooking|
– 250 g hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts, brazil nuts or other oilseeds mixt
– some vegetable milk
EX: For this recipe I used:
– 80 g hazelnuts
– 80 g cashew
– 80 g of almonds
– 10 g sunflower seeds em>
• Preheat oven to 180 °C.
• Toast the nuts for 4-5 minutes on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Be careful not to over grill the nuts (especially the hazelnuts)!
• Put all nuts in a blender, and blend several minutes (between 5 and 15 minutes depending on the power of your blender), making regular breaks not to tire the engine! Using a wooden spoon, stir regularly the batter, well scraping sides to homogenize the mixture.
• As and when the mix, nuts will turn into powder and then into a ball, then dough, before becoming a creamy butter. You must not lose patience and must continue to blend until thick and oily consistency. You can then add a little milk and mix again just to make it less thick butter, depending on the use you want to do.
• You can keep this butter 10-15 days in a sterilized jar (15 minutes in boiling water), at room temperature, protected from sun light.
Note: You can add to the original recipe a pinch of cinnamon, powdered vanilla, salt, or a teaspoon of agave syrup or olive oil to give more personality to your home-made butter !