Lemon & Poppy seeds Vegan cake
This recipe is vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free
|• For 8-10 people||• 25 min prep||• 45-50 min cooking time|
• For the cake :
– 1 cup soya or almond milk
– zest of 3 organic medium lemons
– juice of 3 organic medium lemons
– 3/4 cups poppy seeds
– 2 medium bananas
– 5 tablespoons vegetable oil (canola, nuts, etc.)
– 2-3 tablespoons maple or agave sirup
– 2 3/4 cups wheat flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
• For dressing :
– juice of 1 organic lemon
– zest of 1 organic lemon
• Set oven to 180°C and grease a standard bundt pan.
• Put the milk in a small bowl and add the poppy seeds, the lemon juice, and zest. Stir to combine and set aside.
• In a separate bowl, peeled and cut the bananas in coin, smashed it in puree, add the oil and the maple or agave sirup, then whisk together.
• Sift together the flour and the baking powder, and mix all the mixture together gradually until everything is well combined.
• Spread the batter in the bundt pan and bake for about 45-50 minutes, until the top is risen and golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it.
• Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes before removing it from the mold. For dressing, make little holes with a skewer all over the top and then spoon the fresh lemon juice all over the top, letting the juice seep into the cake. Do this slowly so the juice has a chance to soak in. And sprinkle some lemon zest before serving.