Homemade vegan “Nutella”
This natural and vegan Nutella recipe will delight young and old! This cocoa-flavored paste is perfect as a spread on bread, pancakes or even incorporated into cakes. Quick and easy to prepare, it requires only 4 ingredients for a result very close from original Nutella taste, but without palm oil, without added refined sugar, and very rich in nuts!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, no refined sugar free and without added fat!
|• For a 250 ml jar||• 15 min prep||• 5 min cooking|
– 200 g hazelnuts
– 3 tablespoons cocoa
– 125 ml vegetable milk (almond, soy, hazelnut, etc.)
– 12 dates (100 g)
• Preheat the oven to 180 °. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread your hazelnuts and toast it for 5 min supervising cooking (hazelnuts should not burn!). This is important to bake the hazelnuts so it can turn easily in butter later!
• Remove the nuts in a blender and blend until obtain butter (about 5 minutes). You can take breaks if your blender heated too much.
• When the nuts are processed into butter, add the pitted dates, cocoa and vegetable milk. Continue to mix a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
• Transfer the Nutella in a sterilized glass jar and keep in the refrigerator up to a week!
Note: You can add vanilla, a pinch of salt, cinnamon etc. to give a little taste in addition to your Nutella!