Who does not love Nutella? Its success is undeniable, and its taste is unmistakable, especially because it is full of palm oil and too much refined sugars, and in the end, it contains quite a few hazelnuts… I have not Nutella in my kitchen because I find it sickening, but the idea of preparing a homemade chocolate-hazelnut spread was interesting … So for Easter I propose a healthy Nutella recipe to use in soufflé preparation! There is nothing easier to make!
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, fat-free and refined sugar-free.
|• For 4 small soufflés||• 20 min prep||• 5 + 15 minutes cooking|
• For Nutella:
– 100 g hazelnuts (for the hazelnuts purée)
– 50 g agave syrup
– 25 g unsweetened cocoa
– 1 pinch of salt
– 40 ml of hazelnut milk (or almond, soya, oats, etc.)
• For soufflés:
– 2 eggs
– 1 tablespoon of whole cane sugar (rapadura)
– some vegetable oil
• Prepare a hazelnut purée: make your nuts for 4-5 minutes at 180 ° on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (be careful not to burn them)! Roasting will help give them a toasted flavor and above all help make the oil to create the hazelnut purée, so do not skip this operation!
• Pour the roasted hazelnuts in a blender and blend for several minutes until the nuts turn into powder, then a thick paste, and finally smooth purée (about 3-5 minutes).
• In a bowl, mix together the hazelnut purée, agave syrup, salt and unsweetened cocoa. Add the vegetable milk as and continuing to mix well.
• Break the eggs, separate the whites/yolk. Mix the egg yolks with the homemade Nutella. Reserve.
• Whip egg-whites to a light mousse. Add cane sugar in a fine rain and continue to beat the egg whites until stiff.
• Gently mix the homemade Nutella and egg whites.
• Grease 4 ramekins with high sides, and sprinkle cocoa inside, well spread over the bottom and sides, over the entire surface. This is important to help the soufflé to rise. Pour the mixture into the ramekins to the edge, surround the ramekin with parchment paper tape to help blown up straight, and bake 15 minutes at 180 °c (Do not open the door while the soufflé are cooking, the difference of temperature could make fall the soufflés !)
• Sprinkle with cocoa (or icing sugar) and serve hot! Happy Easter !
PS: you can prepare more homemade Nutella to spread on bread or pancakes for breakfast 😉