Falafel Mint & Curry – vegan
The falafels are traditionally dumpling chickpeas flavored with coriander and cumin, and fried in oil. Here the proposed version is flavored with mint and curry and the falafel are baked in oven for a lighter result to digest.
These falafels are very satiating thanks to the proteins in chickpeas. Mint provides a fresh touch while flax seeds and pumpkin seeds provide a crunchy touch!
This recipe is vegan, dairy free, refined sugar free and gluten free.
|• For 24 falafels (3-4 people)||• 20 min prep||• 20 minutes cooking time|
– 300 + 50 g drained chickpeas
– 65 g rice flour
– 1 onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 2-3 tablespoons water
– 1 tablespoon of flaxseed
– 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
– 1 teaspoon curry
– 3-4 mint branches (fresh, dried or frozen)
– Salt, pepper, chilli
• Preheat oven to 180° C.
• Peel and chop the onion into pieces, peel and finely chop the garlic.
• In a blender, grind together 300 g of chickpeas, garlic and onion in a puree. Add rice flour, water, olive oil, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, curry, mint leaves (do not put the stems) and mix until a ball dough (you can add water if the consistency is too dry, or rice flour if too soft). Add the remaining 50 g of chickpeas, adjust seasoning to taste and mix well with a wooden spoon.
• With your hands, shape balls, and place them on an oiled gratin dish.
• Cook falafels for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
• The falafels can be served with a salad, in a sandwich, pita bread with salad and tomatoes, along with a yogurt sauce or lemon juice!