Crispy Vegan Waffles
This waffle recipe is very light and very crispy thanks to the different ingredients used to make the dough. No eggs, no milk and no refined sugar, these waffles are low calorific compared to the classic recipe, so you can enjoyed eating it without guilty, with the topping of your choice.
This recipe is vegan, dairy free and sugar free.
|• For 14 waffles (4 portions)||• 10 min prep||• 30 min cooking time|
– 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
– 2 tablespoons of flaxseed
– 1/4 cup oats flakes
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 banana
– 3 tablespoons of applesauce
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (coconut, sesame, canola, etc.)
– 1 1/4 cup vegetable milk (almond, rice, soya, etc.)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• In a large bowl, sift together the flour, the baking powder, the ground cinnamon and flax seed.
• In an other bowl, mix together the peeled and smashed banana, apple sauce, vegetable oil, vegetable milk of your choice and the vanilla extract.
• Mix all the ingredients together by incorporating gradually the liquid preparation to the flour mixture, pay attention not to over work the dough!
• Let rest the dough 5 min, time to preheat your waffle machine.
• Start with a tablespoon of dough for 1 waffle, and cook until both sides are golden. Ad maple syrup, dried fruit, coconut whipped cream or melted chocolate for topping.