Creamy polenta with mushroom stewt
Polenta is cornmeal very easy and very quick to prepare, which is very nourishing (comprising 75% of complex carbohydrate), which can be consumed very creamy (consistency close to a purée) or galette (more dry consistency) depending on cooking time and the amount of water added during cooking.
Mushroom stew goes well with polenta, it’s full of flavors and vegan (no one will suspect that your stew contains no meat!).
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, oil free and refined sugar free.
This recipe contains alcohol (red wine).
|• For 5-6 people||• 20 min prep||• 1 h 15 cooking time|
• For the mushroom stew:
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 2 small onions
– 2 cloves garlic
– 2 carrots
– 250 g of paris mushroom
– 250 g morels (or mixture of mushrooms)
– 1 peeled tomatoes can
– 30 cl tomato juice
– 30 cl of red wine
– Thyme & bay leaves
– salt, pepper
• For the polenta:
– 1/2 L of water
– 1/2 L soymilk
– 1 vegetable stock cube
– 200 g of polenta
– 1 teaspoon of thyme
– salt, pepper
• Prepare the mushroom stew: Cut the onions into small pieces and finely chop the garlic. Let it cook in a pan together with the honey (replacing oil), salt and pepper.
• Peel and cut the carrots into small pieces, fry for 5 minutes over low heat with the onion and garlic mixture. Add the diced tomatoes in a pan, red wine and tomato juice. Cook over low heat for 5 min.
• Clean, peel and cut into pieces mushrooms, add them to the mixture. Add a few bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper. Let it cook uncovered over low heat for 1 hour, stirring from time to time: the wine will evaporate gradually, to let all the flavors in the sauce thickens (during cooking, check the sauce is not completely evaporated, and add a little wine and tomato juice if necessary).
• Prepare polenta: In a saucepan, boil the water, add the vegetable stock cube, mix well. Add the soymilk.
• When the mixture begins to boil, turn down to low heat, add the polenta while stirring with a whisk or wooden spoon. Warning, the mixture is very hot and can burn your hands and arms, use a whisk or a wooden spoon with a long handle!
• Mix for 1-2 minutes, add thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Polenta must stay creamy, almost liquid (water must be very hot when you add the polenta).
PS: To serve, place a dome of polenta on a plate, make a small hole on the top with the back of a tablespoon and pour the mushroom stew in it (like a volcano)