Cookie coffee – vegan and gluten free
Cookies are usually composed of a mixture of butter, sugar, egg and flour, not to mention the chocolate chips!! Here we replace butter by vegetable oil and milk, egg by banana, and the wheat flour is replaced by a mixture of gluten flours (chestnut and rice). Coffee, cinnamon, dark chocolate chips and the natural sweetness of the banana are complemented by a little maple syrup for the sweet touch, and that’s enough!
This recipe is vegan, refined sugar free, dairy free and gluten free.
|• For 15 cookies||• 15 min prep||• 9 minutes cooking per batch|
– 80 g of chestnut flour
– 100 g of rice flour
– 2 tablespoons of oat flakes (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 20 cl vegetable milk (soy, almond, rice, etc.)
– 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee (optional)
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup / agave syrup
– 1 banana
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (canola, sunflower, hazelnut, etc.)
– 50 g dark chocolate 75%
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• In a bowl, sift together chestnut flour and rice flour, the baking powder and oat flakes.
• In a bowl, heat up the milk 45 seconds in the microwave, add the instant coffee, the maple syrup/ agave syrup, and mix well.
• Peel and cut the banana into slices, mash well to a smooth puree. Add cinnamon and vegetable oil, milk-coffee mixture and whisk few seconds.
• Make a well in the flour and add the liquid mixture. Mix well until it forms a big ball of dough.
• Break or cut dark chocolate into small pieces to make homemade chocolate chips. Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper, shape balls with your hands, squeeze them with your fingers to flatten (cookies do not spread during cooking) and add on top chocolate chips.
• Bake cookies 9 minutes per batch of 180°C. Cookies must be golden on the outside but soft on the inside!