Coconut milk or soya milk can be used for a donut recipe, but because it contains less protein quantity than cow milk (used in the classic donut recipe), this donut dough is lighter and must be removed from the pan very slowly, using a knife to help.
This recipe is sugar free, dairy free, oil free and could be gluten free according to the used flour.
|• For 10 donuts||• 5 min prep||• 7 min cooking time/ batch|
– 1 cup of wheat flour or flour without gluten
– 1/3 cup almond powder
– 1/4 cup coconut shreds
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup of agave syrup
– 1 soyghurt (100 g)
– 1/3 cup coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
+ 30 g dark chocolate 70 % and coconut shreds for the glazing
• In a bowl, sieve together the dry elements (flour, almond powder, coconut shreds, baking powder).
• In another bowl, beat together the egg, the agave syrup, the coconut milk and the soyghurt.
• Quickly incorporate the liquid mixture in the dry ingredients without stopping beating, to obtain a very smooth dough without lumps.
• Oil very slightly a donut mold (with a paper towel), fill cavities in 2/3 (with a piping bag or a spoon), put in the (preheated) oven 7 min in 180°.
• Turn out delicately donuts and let them cool on a railing.
• Prepare the glazing: melted the dark chocolate with a little coconut milk in microwaves for 30s. Smooth the surface of the chocolate in a plate, or a dish with a very flat surface. Put one by one donuts smooth face in the chocolate, rest on the railing and add coconut shreds on topping.