Coconut bliss ball
The bliss balls or energy bites or vegan truffles are small treats made from natural ingredients, but highly calorific (between 80 and 150 calories per bites depending the ingredients used), perfect to nibble on before, during, or after exercise, to prepare for physical effort or recover after a workout, a run or a walk.
This recipe is vegan, no sugar free, dairy free, oil free, and gluten free.
|• For 20 bliss balls||• 10 min prep||• no cooking time|
– 15 pited dates
– 2 handfuls of almonds
– 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
– 50 g of shredded coconut
– 2/3 cup rolled oats
• Pit the dates and cut them into pieces and let them soak in hot water for 10 min.
• In a large mixer, mix well rolled oat, almonds, chia seeds and shredded coconut.
• Add the rehydrated dates into pieces, mix all well together.
• Add little by little some hot water that was used to infuse the dates, to make the paste more sticky (but not too much) in order to form balls.
• Form balls the size of a large walnut in hand, and place on a parchment paper. To set, pop in fridge or freezer for 15 minutes.