Chocolate & Hazelnut Cheesecake – vegan
Only 6 ingredients for this cheesecake, and no dates or coconut used, which is quite rare in cheesecake’s recipes available on the Internet …
For this cheesecake, the ingredients used are mainly oilseed: hazelnuts and cashews! Both are rich in fiber, minerals (manganese, magnesium, copper, iron, phosphorus) and especially “good” fats (monounsaturated).
These mini cheesecake are calorifics, so do not abuse it!
This recipe is vegan, sugar free, dairy free and gluten free.
|• For 20 mini cheesecakes||• 30 min prep||• No cooking||• 2h rest|
• For the dough:
– 1 1/2 cups of hazelnuts
– 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
– 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1-2 tablespoons water
– 1 pinch of salt
• For the cream:
– 2 cups of cashews
– 1/4 cup water
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
– 15 cl soy cream
– 1/4 cup agave syrup or maple syrup (or honey)
• For decoration:
– A handful of hazelnuts
• First, boil water. Rinse cashew nuts, place them in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let them soak for 1 hour.
• Prepare the dough: In a blender, mix finely the hazelnuts in powder, add cocoa, salt, olive oil (olive taste is imperceptible in the recipe) and water. Mix well until a homogenous ball of dough is formed. If the dough is too sandy, add a little oil, if it is too sticky, add nuts.
• Use muffin tins to make your mini cheesecakes (or cake pan for a large cheesecake). Prepare strips of parchment paper that will help you remove the cheesecake just before serving them: cross two paper strips at the bottom of each mold, then flatten a bit of mixture into molds (you must press well with your fingers). Cool and refrigerate.
• For the cream: drain well cashews, put them in the blender, mix for a few minutes until obtain a puree. Then add water, cocoa, soy cream and agave syrup and mix until a smooth cream. Spread the cream over the dough, and decorate with a few hazelnuts.
• Reserve in freezer 2 hours before serving.
Note: These cheesecakes can be kept for several days in the freezer, simply place them in the refrigerator several hours before serving.
It is not necessary to use strips of parchment paper if you use a silicone mold! Em>