Chocolate & Caramel vegan pie
Here is a vegan chocolate & caramel pie, without cream or butter… The caramel is made thanks to coconut cream and agave sirup (with a pinch of salt and vanilla) for a gourmet dessert full of flavor!
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
|• For 8 people||• 30 min prep||• 15 minutes cooking||• 1h + 3h rest|
• For the caramel:
– 20 cl coconut cream
– 30 g agave sirup
– 30 g rapadura sugar
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon water
– 30 g of coconut butter
– 1-2 pinches of salt
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• For the dough:
– 280 g flour
– 10 cl of vegetable oil (olive, rapeseed, sunflower, etc.)
– 1 pinch of salt
– 10 cl of water
• For the chocolate ganache:
– 150 g dark chocolate 75%
– 5 cl coconut or soya cream
– Shredded coconut for decoration
• The day before, put the coconut cream in the refrigerator.
• Prepare the dough: In a bowl, mix the flour and vegetable oil, then add water and salt, and mix with a fork or your fingers (add flour or water if necessary, the dough should not be too sticky. Form a ball and keep cool 30 min in the fridge.
• Prepare the caramel: use the coconut cream that formed overnight (keep the liquid part for the rest of the recipe), put it in a pan, add agave syrup and rapadura sugar and bring to a boil stirring occasionally with a whisk. In a small bowl, mix well the cornstarch and water. Add this mixture to the saucepan and whisk constantly until thick caramel. Off the heat, add coconut butter, salt and vanilla and beat well until smooth and creamy mixture. Let cool completely at room temperature (careful not taste the caramel when it’s hot !!).
• Preheat oven to 180 °c. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a work surface covered by flour, and put it in a pie dish lined with baking paper. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden, then let it cool to room temperature.
• Prepare the chocolate ganache: Break the dark chocolate into small pieces, add a little water and melt in microwave 30s. Add the vegetable cream (or the rest of coconut cream) and mix gently until the chocolate is melted and completely smooth. Let the ganache cool slightly at room temperature.
• Dress the pie: When the pastry has cooled, spread a layer of caramel over the entire pie surface, then a chocolate ganache layer (homogenize the surface with a spatula if necessary). Decorate with grated coconut (or broken nuts or cocoa). Let take the pie in refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving, chocolate should be firm to the touch.