Chickpeas & chocolate fondant
The chickpeas, like bananas and avocado, are used to make desserts and replace butter and cream in pastry. It is a plant rich in vegetable protein, vitamin and minerals, while being low in fat and cholesterol!
In this recipe, applesauce replace the eggs !
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, oil free and sugar free.
|• For 6/8 portions||• 10 min prep||• 30 min cooking time|
– 350 g canned chickpeas
– 150 g dark chocolate 75%
– 2 tablespoon of applesauce
– 100 g of dates (12 dates)
– 100 ml of water
– 50 g of walnuts
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• Pit and chop the dates, and let them soak for 5 minutes in 100 ml hot water.
• Melt the chocolate with a little water in the microwave or in a double boiler.
• In a blender, mix together the melted chocolate, dates and hot water. Mix well.
• Add half the chickpeas and 1 tablespoon of applesauce. Mix well.
• Add the baking powder, the remaining chickpea and the second tablespoon of applesauce. Mix well.
• Add the walnuts broken into pieces, mix the dough with a spoon and pour into a dish with high sides lined with baking paper.
• Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 min. Garnish with almonds and serve warm with a scoop of nice cream or custard.
PS: for better digestion and a tasty cake, it is recommended to peel the chickpeas. Just pinch between thumb and forefinger and the skin comes off by itself, but it is long enough (about 1 hour for a canned of 500g)