Chia seeds cherry jam
Traditionally, the jam’s recipe uses fresh fruits and sugar. In this recipe (which does not require cooking!), we are using the natural fruit sugar and the chia seeds that provide a thick texture, very similar to the classic jam! This jam contains about 3 times less sugar than processed jam!
It can be used for pie crusts, on toasts, or to garnish pancakes and muffins!
This recipe is vegan, dairyfree, refined sugar free, oil free and gluten free.
|• For 250g of jam||• 5 min prep||• 2 hours of rest||• No cooking time|
• 200 g fresh or frozen fruits (raspberries, cherries, berries, peaches, apricots, etc.)
• 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
• 1 tablespoon honey
– If using frozen fruits, let them thawed few hours at room temperature and remove excess juice before using.
– Mix the fruits in a blender (you can keep some aside to let pieces in your jam).
– Pour in a bowl, add chia seeds, honey, and stir for a few minutes.
– Let stand 15 minutes, then stir again.
– Pour the jam into a closed jar and wait about 2 hours that chia seeds swell completely before serving. This home-made jam without refined sugar will keep 7-10 days in the refrigerator.
PS: You can also added vanilla seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and mint leaves finely chopped in your jam !