Cacao & Coconut Cheesecake – vegan
This wonderful recipe is adapted from the Vanilla Crunnch recipe, which thought to reduce the amount of cashews in the cheesecakes, using fine semolina instead!!
The cheesecake cream here consists of coconut milk, baked fine semolina and cashew cream, flavored with cocoa. And the dough is made from hazelnuts, coconut, almonds and oat flakes! For a cheesecake without cooking!
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, gluten free and refined sugar free.
|• For 8-10||• 30 min prep||• No Cook||• 3 hours of rest in the freezer|
• For the dough:
– 1/2 cup almonds
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut
– 1/2 cup oat flakes
– 1/4 cup hazelnuts
– 7 rehydrated dates
– 3-5 tablespoons water
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• For the cream:
– 1 cup rehydrated cashew
– 3/4 cup cooked semolina
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
– 1/4 cup coconut cream
– 1/4 cup agave syrup
– 4 tablespoons cacao
– Dark chocolate chips for garnish
• You need to rehydrate cashews and dates: boil water, then cover the pitted dates and cashews with. Wait 10 minutes for dates, and 30 minutes for the cashews before wring them and incorporate them to the recipe.
• Prepare 50g of semolina following the package instructions (usually 25g to 25 cl of water). Then let cool completely (you will use all the semolina in the recipe).
• Prepare the dough: in a blender, mix together almonds, shredded coconut, oat flakes, hazelnuts and cinnamon. When the mixture forms a fine powder, add the rehydrated dates cut into pieces, and tablespoons of water from the dates. Blend again until the mixture forms a sticky ball. You can add more water if necessary.
• Use a cake pan with high boards, covered with parchment paper (here cake mold – or cake pan 20 cm in diameter), place the ball of dough and press with your fingers to coat the bottom of the dish (and the edges if you want). The thickness should be about 1 cm, press well and reserve in refrigerator.
• Prepare the cream: in the blender, add drained cashews, cooked and cooled semolina, melted coconut oil, coconut cream, agave syrup and cacao. Mix everything well until thick cream. Pour the cream over the pastry, then sprinkle with dark chocolate chips.
• Let set at least 3 hours in the freezer and leave the cheesecake in the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving!