Beetroot & chocolate fudge cake
This cake is surprising by its lightness and fondant! Don’t be shy or frightened by the use of beet, it brings a sweet taste, and marries rather well with chocolate! I can tell you, this is my favourite chocolate cake recipe ever !!!!
Recipe is inspired by The Nutrition Guru And The Chef
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and dairy free.
|• For 8-10 people||• 15 min prep||• 40-50 minutes cooking|
• For the cake:
– 100 g dark chocolate 75%
– 2 small ripe bananas
– 1 cup rapadura sugar
– 1 cup olive oil
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 300 g of cooked beetroot
– 1/2 cup cacao with no sugar added
– 200 g almond powder/ coconut shredded
– 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 pinch of salt
– 1 tablespoon cocoa for mold
• For the icing:
– 20 cl coconut cream
– Dark chocolate for decoration
• The night before, put the coconut cream in the fridge.
• Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
• If the beet is not already pre-cooked, cut into pieces and cook it for 45-50 minutes in a boiling water until it soft, then peel it and smashed it using a blender (keep the juice to color your icing). Set aside.
• Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it in the microwave 30 s with some water. Mix well and set aside.
• In a large bowl, cut the bananas into slices and smash them into puree. Add the rapadura sugar, olive oil, vanilla extract, beet puree and melted chocolate. Mix to obtain a homogeneous texture, but do not overwork the dough.
• In another bowl, sift together the cacaoa, almonds/ or coconut shredded, baking powder and salt.
• Add the dry ingredients to chocolate-beet mixture, mix well to obtain a homogeneous paste, but do not overwork.
• Using vegetable butter or oil, grease a mold and sprinkle a tablespoon of cacao, tap to distribute the cacao over the whole surface and remove the excess.
• Pour the batter and bake for 45-50 minutes.
• Prepare the icing : in a small bowl, whisk the coconut cream. If you want some fun, you can add the beetroot juice for a natural and bright pink colour!! Set aside in fridge.
• When it cooked, check the consistency of the cake: a needle or toothpick should come out clean. Turn out the cake and let cool on wire rack 30 minutes, then cover with icing, decorate with dark chocolate shavings, and place in the fridge. This cake is better cold and even the day after!