Banoffee Pie – vegan
The Banoffee pie is an Anglo-Saxon traditional dessert made with bananas and toffee !
This is my very personal version of the banoffee pie, with 5 layers, and flavored with homemade rum! Not surprisingly, the crusty base is made of almond, peanut and oatmeal. The vegan caramel is made with dates, water and peanut butter, and the topping is a coconut whipped cream!
This recipe is vegan, dairy free and sugar free.
|• 6-8 people||• 25 min prep||• 15 minutes cooking time|
• For the crust:
– 100 g of almond
– 50 g of unsalted peanuts
– 70 g of rolled oats
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1-2 tablespoon of water
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• For the caramel:
– 18 dates (or mixture of dried figs, dates)
– 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
– 10-15 cl of water
– 1 tablespoon of rum (or Baileys)
• For the coconut cream:
– 25 cl of coconut cream
– 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
+ 2 bananas for decoration
• The day before, put the coconut cream in the refrigerator.
• Preheat oven to 180 °.
• Pit the dates and cut into pieces, made them soak 15 minutes in boiling water.
• Meanwhile make the crust: in a blender, pulverize few minutes peanuts, oatmeal and almonds. Add the olive oil, cinnamon and water. Blend again. The dough should form a sticky ball into the mix.
• Prepare a baking paper in a pie dish, and press down the dough firmly with your fingers to cover the entire surface of the dish, and bake 15 min until the crust is brown golden. When the crust is cooked, let it cool in a dish.
• Prepare the caramel: drain the dates and keep the water. In a blender, combine the peanut butter, pieces of dates, rum / Baileys and 10 cl of water. Mix everything until a creamy consistency (add more water if you want a more liquid consistency).
• Prepare the cream: beat coconut cream with electric mixer until it becomes very firm. Save 1/3 of the cream in a bowl for decoration. Continue to beat the other 2/3 with the cocoa.
• Lay the pie: on the crust, lay the vegan caramel, then banana slices, the cocoa-coconut cream layer, the remaining banana slices, and finish with the white coconut cream (use a pastry bag to make a nice decoration). You can sprinkle dark chocolate curl or cocoa powder and cinnamon.