Banana-peanuts vegan cheesecake
The vegan cheesecake contains no dairy products: creamy here comes from the combination of coconut cream and cashew nuts and peanuts, which when crushed produce a sort of butter. The paste is achieved through the crispy walnuts and almonds.
This cake is made of “good fats” of plant origin (nuts, coconut, banana): it contains lipids are 80% unsaturated, but it remains high in calories, so do not abuse it!
This recipe is vegan, dairy free, oil free, gluten free and refined sugar free.
|• For 8-10 people||• 20 min prep||• No Cooking time||• 1 hour of rest||• To prepare in advance|
– 1 cup dates (18 dates)
– 1/2 cup almonds
– 1/2 cup of walnuts
– 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 cup unsalted cashews
– 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
– 20 cl of coconut cream (light or heavy)
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave syrup
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 2 bananas
• Remove the cashews and peanuts in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 1 hour.
• Meanwhile, prepare the crust: pitted dates and cut them into pieces, mix them finely until to get a sticky ball. Add almonds, walnuts and unsweetened cocoa, mix until a smooth ball of dough.
• In a round dish, prepare a bottom with parchment paper (made exceed the strips so as to unmold easily), and cover with the dough flattening across the bottom of the mold with your hands. Decorate the edges of the dish with banana coins and put it in the refrigerator.
• Prepare the cream: drain well cashews and peanuts and mix them together for a few minutes. Then add coconut cream, maple/agave syrup, cinnamon and a banana cut into pieces. Mix for several minutes until thick and smooth cream.
• Pour the cream over the crust base and spread it with a spatula across the dish. Garnish with banana scraps (peanuts, chocolate chips, broken biscuits, caramel, etc.). Allow the cheesecake to take 2-3 hours in the freezer. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving for a more creamy texture.
PS: For the dough, some of the dates may also be replaced by dried figs em>!