Apple & quince vegan crumble
For this recipe, I wanting to make a fruit compote with apple and quince, but finally I did my first attempt to a vegan crumble 100% homemade A to Z …
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and egg-free.
|• For 4 people||• 15 min prep||• 20 min + 20 min cooking|
– 4 apples
– 1 large quince
– 1 organic lemon
– 1 tablespoon of rapadura sugar
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
– 1 small glass of water
• For the crumble topping:
– 4 tablespoons rice flour
– 1 tablespoon rapadura sugar
– 2 tablespoons of almond powder
– 2 tablespoons grated coconut
– 3 tablespoons of nuts butter (mine is home-made, have a look on my recipe)
• Peel and cut the fruit into pieces. Remove the zest of lemon, then cut it in half and get its juice.
• In a saucepan, put the fruit, sprinkle with lemon juice, zest, rapadura sugar, cinnamon and a small glass of water (15cl). Cook over very low heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly (check that the bottom does not burn).
• Meanwhile, prepare the crumble topping: In a bowl, mix rice flour, rapadura sugar, ground almonds and coconut shredded, then add the nuts butter (mine was a mixture of 1 / 3 cashews, 1/3 almonds and 1/3 coconut). Mix with your fingers to obtain a sand mixture.
• When fruits are cooked, pour into a baking dish.
• Top with the crumble topping and bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes at 180 °.