Almond pancakes & banana-cacao sauce
It’s not necessary to add refined sugar in the preparation of pancakes, especially when they contain banana (instead of the egg and butter) and chesnut flour that is naturally sweet :)!
This recipe is vegan, dairy free, oil free and refined sugar free.
|• For 15 pancakes||• 10 min prep||• 20 minutes cooking time|
• For pancakes:
– 90 g of wheat flour
– 50 g of chestnut flour
– 80 g of grounds almonds
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 banana
– 1 soygurt (vanilla flavor)
– 20 cl of almond milk
• For cacao sauce:
– 1 banana
– 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk
– In a bowl, sift together wheat and chesnut flour, almond powder and baking powder.
– In another bowl, peel and cut the banana in coins and smashed it. Then add the almond milk and the vanilla soygurt, and whisk together.
– Make a well in the flour mixture, pour the liquid mixture and beat vigorously (but not overwork).
– Grease a frying pan with a little bit of vegetable oil (use a paper towel to remove excess). It is not necessary to grease the pan between each batch of pancakes.
– Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes and return them to golden brown on the other side (when bubbles appears on the side).
– For the cacao sauce, mix together the banana cut into pieces, cinnamon, cacao and almond milk. Mix more or less long depending on the desired consistency (liquid or creamy). Sprinkle with almonds, hazelnuts and berries.
PS: to keep your pancakes warm, preheat your oven to 100°C while you’re preparing the dough, then turn it off and add the pancakes on a plate placed in the oven bit by bit.